Friday, July 1, 2011

Riley Grace is here!!!

We are WAY overdue for a blog update on the lives of our new family :)

Well my due date was May 8 (mothers day) but since Riley was not going to come on her own I was induced on Sunday night at 11pm. I was started on pitocin. I was actually able to sleep some of the night which was wonderful.
Monday morning my Dr. came in and broke my water at about 9 and that is when I say that I really started my labor. The contractions didn't become painful until about 10 and then I got my epidural around 12. (Which was not bad at all. I highly recommend it) After that my labor was pretty easy. I did have some lower back pain but was able to give myself some more medicine which made that go away.
I started pushing at 4:30 and at 6:10 Riley was born. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat after seeing her. It truly was amazing.
She was 7 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long. 
Our first car ride. 
We were in the hospital until Wednesday. (she was 7lbs when we left the hospital) 

Since we have been home it has been really busy. On May 21 (Riley is 12 days old) We went up to Los Olivos for Erica Saarloos wedding, which I was a bridesmaid in, for the weekend. Riley was so good the whole weekend and is a great traveler.



Us at the wedding.















The weekend of June 10-12. We had 2 weddings, a graduation, and a 50th anniversary party that we were involved in. Talk about a crazy weekend. On Friday June 10 Brad was in Travis Koops wedding and my brother Jared graduated from high school. On Saturday we had Gpa and Gma Struiksma 50th wedding anniversary party. On Sunday I was in Nicole Flietstra's wedding.


On Monday June 13 we left for Clear Lake with the Struiksma family for a week. Riley did really good at the lake except that she got a cold. 


This past week I had to work 3 days so she was at her Great-Grandma Mammy's house one day and at her Gma Struiksmas house one day. It is so hard to leave her during the day :(
We have been super busy but are having so much being a family of 3 now. Hopefully I will do a better job at updating this blog.

No comments: